This is a topic which has been around since April 2010, when Google announced it was using your website’s load speed to influence your rankings in its search engine.
Essentially Google state that they are “including a new signal in our search ranking algorithms: site speed. Site speed reflects how quickly a website responds to web requests.”
Google consider the load speed of you website a vital element of a good user experience and therefore measure your website’s speed as part of its ranking criteria (essentially an equally built website (in terms of content) may rank higher if it loads more quickly than yours) (more…)
The use of mobile has grown hugely over the last few years, the stats below show just how important mobile is swiftly becoming to businesses and brands.
- It’s estimated that by 2014 mobile internet usage will overtake the use of desktop internet.
- Of Twitter’s 165 million users, 50% use twitter mobile.
- 29% of mobile users are willing to scan a mobile tag to get coupons.
- Over 30% of all restaurant searches are made on a mobile.
- Mobile coupons get ten times the redemption rate of regular coupons.
- 86% of mobile internet users will use their device whilst watching television.
- QR code usage increased by 4549% between 2010 and 2011.
- There are 200 million Youtube views a day on mobile devices.
- Two thirds of mobile device owners shop on their phones.
- Over 1/3 of Facebook’s 700 million users use Facebook mobile.
- 65% of mobile device owners use it to find a business and make an in-store purchase.
- 88% of local information seekers take action within 24 hours of a mobile search.
- Around 500,000 businesses are running click-to-call ads on mobile devices.
- Half of all local searches are made on a mobile device.
At Clicky Media™ we offer a range of mobile services including development of Mobile Friendly Websites, App Development and Mobile Advertising services.
Click Here for more information or call us on 0800 222 9300.
Sources: Digital Buzz Blog, Youtube