Why On-Going Care is Important for Your Website
Website aftercare is imperative to keeping it in good working order, and prolonging your investment of having a beautiful website made. Eventually, a new website will be needed, but through maintenance its lifespan can be massively extended.
We like to think of a website as a new car. You’ve bought the latest model, and before it needs its first service it runs smoothly, not a hitch. Eventually however, it will need that service, perhaps a new tyre, alongside regular cleaning to keep it looking pristine, and topping up the washer bottle. The list can go on.
Your website is no different, except, instead of checking tyre pressure, you’re ensuring the CMS has been updated, fresh content has been added to keep the site updated etc. A website is never, and will never be a finished article. The internet is too dynamic and fast changing, alongside changes in trends and technologies to ever be ‘done’ – consistent and continual updating is the only way to ensure your website stays ahead of the curve, and ultimately continues to gain and convert traffic.
Our ProSupport team are our in-house team of web developers dedicated to retainer clients, and keeping their websites up-to-date and looking fresh.
Here’s just a few reasons why website maintenance is always a good idea:
- Search engines, like Google and Bing, prefer websites that have regularly updated content. Blogs for example are an ideal way to ensure fresh content is included on the site, and the search engines notice this and factor it into their ranking signals. The higher you rank, the more traffic you attract – it’s that simple.
- As your business changes, grows and develops, the nature of your business may change, or you may have new services on offer. These developments will need communicating to users, and therefore new pages may need creating, or existing pages amending.
- Older websites that are not maintained could be open to more security risks as software and technology is outdated. We’d regularly check for updates, and implement them, ensuring your website is always running on the latest version of any CMS system etc.
- Imagery is a key element of any website, helping to portray your brand in a digital space. Updating imagery can keep users engaged, as nobody likes looking at the same boring thing time and time again. Minor changes can make a huge difference where your website is concerned.
- If your website was made before the smartphone really took off and users began browsing on their mobile devices, then it may not be responsive and work on all devices. This is a huge concern, and you could be missing out on a ton of traffic. We may be able to help in making your website responsive, and can advise on the best course of action.
- Lastly, as we said previously, a website is never done. There are always things we can do to improve user journey, brand impression, conversion rates, and more.
Did you know that according to a Stanford University study, 75% of people judge the credibility of a company based on the design of its website alone? That’s staggering, and a clear reason why your website should be valued, and maintained.
If your website is looking a bit run down, or if you’ve just had a new one and not considered the on-going maintenance that should be done, then get in touch with our expert team today on 0800 222 9300 to discuss a ProSupport retainer.