We are looking for an experienced front end developer with real enthusiasm and drive to join our ProSupport team, based at our central Chester HQ.
The successful candidate will be a strategically and commercially minded developer who is eager to further drive client success by both implementing core site functionality and supporting our award-winning marketing campaigns. If you’re dedicated to writing clean code that performs to a high standard and drives towards business goals then we’d love to hear from you.
Experience across a varying degree of web platforms and languages would be of great value as your work can vary from client to client, but ultimately will all be working towards the same goal of clean, bespoke development that allows businesses to grow in line with their strategic digital vision.
The core of your responsibilities revolves around creating powerful pieces of development using a data-driven, strategic approach. These pieces of development can vary in size and can be anything from small functionality pieces to full website redevelopments using a phased approach.
The ideal candidate would work closely with our cross-agency team to ensure a consistent high-quality level of work that makes a real difference to our client’s digital presence. You will work with our creative team to transform their designs into code alongside working with our Marketing Specialists to ensure the work continually performs to a high standard.
You will be responsible for working on multiple client accounts of varying degrees. Our Client Services team rely heavily on the ProSupport team for technical consultation of any potential & ongoing client development, which you will be looked towards to support on in the future.
Your Skills & Experience
- Experience both using and setting up SCSS and using and setting up task runners such as Grunt & Gulp would be advantageous.
- Experience using Version Control & Deployment Workflows
- Basic knowledge of working with servers, FTP, SSH etc.
- A high-level of experience developing bespoke solutions for WordPress. The ability to build out further site functionality with your own, bespoke code is essential to the role. We do of course have a number of training materials & resources in-house which would be available to you in support of your personal growth.
- Passion in web development. Do you find yourself scrolling through CSS-Tricks & Codepen to find cool new things to try? We do too!
- Experience communicating & attending client meetings from a professional perspective.
- High level of communication from both an internal and external perspective.
- An understanding of digital marketing including, but not limited to PPC, SEO, social media marketing, and conversion rate optimisation (CRO).
- A strategic and commercial mindset with an enthusiasm for improving client results.
- Experience of working towards project deadlines.
- Motivated and self-confident with a passion for digital.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com or hit the apply button. As part of our recruitment process, we ask that all developers complete a development test.