We are looking for an experienced developer with real enthusiasm and drive to join our ProSupport team, based at our central Chester HQ.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company with a growing customer base, who are committed to producing top-end web solutions for their clients. We are looking for someone who has the technical capabilities outlined below, alongside the skills to work to tight deadlines, with the ability to maintain, grow and fix websites.
Working in the ProSupport team, you will develop, fix, modernise and improve websites and other related online presences for clients, using various platforms and content management systems including WordPress and Magento. You will be client service driven and be proactive in working on client websites and making recommendations. Keen to develop yourself by learning new technologies, you will also help improve our ProSupport development standards, efficiency and profitability across all projects.
Your experience and skills required:
- 2+ years experience in a commercial setting
- An interest in web development and digital marketing as a whole (for example an interest in Google exams such as AdWords)
- Experience of WordPress & PHP and/or experience with any other CMS (Magento, Joomla, etc) is desirable
- Knowledge of Grunt (or gulp), Git (Version Control), Sass & other modern workflow tools
- Basic server knowledge, using FTP to set sites, etc
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is essential
- Commercially minded – you will be able to think about our clients, their business needs and how this is ultimately manifested on their website
- An interest in user journeys/UX and how this feeds into marketing and business goals
- Keen interest in digital marketing and advertising industry
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to work with staff at all levels and be a team player
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team and work on some exciting projects across a wide range of clients. An agency background would be beneficial but not essential.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit the apply button. As part of our recruitment process, we ask that all developers complete a development test.