As a Performance Marketing Assistant, you’ll spend time working with each of our Performance Marketing teams (SEO, Content/PR, Paid Search & Paid Social), typically for 8-12 weeks at a time, depending on business needs. During your time in each department, you’ll:
- Get access to a team of specialists there to help you to develop your digital skills (through tailored training) and choose your own career path in digital
- Get the chance to work with our award winning teams on digital strategies for clients such as Raleigh Bikes
After gaining experience across each of our performance marketing departments, you’ll be given the opportunity to specialise in an area (SEO, Content/PR, Paid Search or Paid Social) of your choice.
During your time at Clicky, you’ll be given a mentor, who will help to guide you through your development and provide any support you may need.
- Support on client strategies across the performance marketing team
- Conduct research into potential new initiatives for client strategies
- Liaise with the client services team where appropriate to communicate any strategy updates
Research and training
A big part of this role will be to work on your personal development plan. The more you put in the quicker you will develop. We are dedicated to learning and developing our team and everyone has time in the schedule for training and development.
- We will provide you with a bespoke-to-you personal development plan (PDP) – you should take ownership of this and work with your manager to push forward with the training tasks set for you. It will be clear what you need to do to move to the next level within the organisation in your PDP.
- Dedicated time to work on your own personal development – focus on a mix of soft skills and technical skills
- Stay up to date with industry trends – put together a fortnightly roundup of the biggest updates in our industry, and what they could mean for us
- Request and select a mentor – Clicky has a mentor programme and shared learning is an expectation for all team members.
- A genuine interest in digital
- Strong self management skills – time management, scheduling, organisation etc
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Google Docs/Sheets, Word/Excel or similar
- Yellow level Clicky behaviour framework
At Clicky we have a behaviour framework with 14 characteristics. At each level within the business we set expectations and provide training and mentoring in personal effectiveness skills. The framework supports each level up to Director level with different expectations and training provided. We believe that a balance of technical skill and behavioural skill helps our team to excel in their career path. The descriptors below summarise what is expected at our trainee level:
- Courage and Conflict Management – You have good diplomacy skills and consider the impact on others
- Communication – You have clear communication and listen to others
- Client Focus – You deal with all requests appropriately and keep clients informed
- Team Working and supporting team member’s mental health – You cooperate with others well and help out when others need you
- Planning and Organising – You prioritise tasks to be achieved during the day. You determine necessary resources to achieve day to day activities. You ask for additional resources or seek others to help get important things completed. You work methodically to meet deadlines. You distinguish the important from the urgent. You are properly prepared for meetings, projects etc.
- Proactive Problem Solving – You find and question those closest to the problem to seek understanding of a problem..
- Achieving results – You take ownership of given responsibilities..
- Business awareness – You actively seek more information to be able to understand Clicky Media’s organisational structure and the wider agency aims.
- Analytical thinking – You are able to deal with straightforward problems
- Creativity and Innovation – You are always looking for ways to improve things and achieve better results in the context of your own work situation.
- Self development – You have relevant technical / academic qualifications and behaviours.
- Self management – You manage yourself to ensure your own mood has no adverse impact on colleagues and clients, including during change management or crisis situations.
- Change orientation – You accept change positively.
Integrity and Values – You remain calm and consistent